Three card poker (also known as 3 card poker) is one of the most popular poker variations available at New Zealand gambling sites. As may already be implied, this form of poker is played with three cards. Although some NZ players may be unfamiliar with the poker title, it is one of the oldest variations of the classic card game. In fact, some would wager to say that it is one of the most popular casino games in the world.
If you would like to learn more about three card poker games, such as how to play and why you should consider playing it, you have come to the right place. Below we look at all of these things along with providing you with a list of the best poker casino sites in New Zealand. So, read on and learn what you need to get started with Three Card Poker games the next time you’re online.
Top-Rated 3 Card Poker Casinos
How to Play 3 Card Poker
Three Card Poker works a little differently to other variations of the famous card game due to the fewer number of cards dealt to the player. The game is really easy to play, though, and once you get the hang of it; you won’t want to stop! Just follow our step-by-step guide down below and you’ll be playing in no-time:
- Players are required to place their first bets before cards are dealt. Added to that, players need to be aware that they have at least a pair or better to win.
- Once the first bet has been placed, both players and the dealer will receive three cards. It is important to note that they will all be face down.
- Players will then look at their hand and determine whether or not to raise or fold. If the player decides to continue playing, both the player and dealer’s hands will be revealed to determine which player had the better hand.
- It is important to note that payouts are determined based on the dealer’s hand. If the dealer’s hand consisted of anything equal or below a Jack-high, the play wager is returned to the player. However, if the dealer’s hand consists of a Queen-high or better, both the play wager and ante are paid to the player.
3 Card Poker Rules
Due to players only receiving a limited number of cards, winning hand combinations are slightly different to those seen in other poker games. The only real thing to take note of with regards to this is that now it takes three cards to complete a hand combination seen in other poker games rather than five. It is important to make note that it is not possible to make a four-of-a-kind hand in this variation.
Check out our other poker pages:
- Legal Poker Guidelines
- Poker Staking
- Tournament Strategy
- Caribbean Stud Poker
- Deuces and Joker Power Poker
- Deuces Joker Power Poker
- Deuces Wild Poker
- Live Dealer Poker
Why Pick Three Card Poker?
This variation of poker is pretty easy to play. It also provides a fun-filled gambling experience that is a little more fast-paced than other variations of poker. Thus, it is easy to play multiple games in a single sitting if you like. More importantly, it has got a moderate house edge, meaning that it is actually possible to win some money playing games. If you’re looking for a new twist on classic poker games, you really should give 3 Card Poker a try.