At Kiwicasinos.io, we have listed the best online casinos for 2020. Find online casino reviews and ratings on the top NZ casinos available on the internet. The casinos we feature come with world-class gambling apps that have high speed, sleek sound effects, exciting online casino games, high-quality graphics and incredibly generous bonuses.
The NZ online casinos we recommend offer a game-play that guarantees security, player privacy and a platform where players can enjoy online gambling in New Zealand, in both the free-play and real money mode. We feature:
- Internet casino sites that accept New Zealand Dollars (NZD$).
- Best online casino NZ with exciting casino gaming and biggest bonuses.
- Online casino real money sites: online casinos that accept Paysafe, online casinos that accept Poli, top New Zealand online casinos that take Poli and many other flexible banking options.
- Top NZD online casino with all-time favourite casino games like pokies, blackjack, poker and roulette.
- Trusted Online casino sites with informative reviews on the best casinos NZ and much more.
From the South Islands all the way up to the North Islands, look no further than Kiwi Casinos! We have the best NZ online casinos list for 2020 . So, read on below and find the most essential information how to win real money at the best online casinos, get effective strategies and tips from our experienced players,and stand a chance to win big at the best online casino NZ today!
Top Oline Casinos New Zealand
How to find the Best Online Casino Reviews
Our expert team of players have gathered all the relevant information below on how to find the best online casino in New Zealand:
Legal Online Casino Sites
Before we review the massive collection of the top onlinecasino gaming sites, we evaluate, scrutinise and compare to see the legality of the internet casino sites. When it comes to legitimacy, the most popular NZ internet casinos featured on our site score highly in the realm of casino gambling.
Safe Online Casinos
We consider safety as a top criteria on our list. We make sure that the casinos we feature use the 128-bit SSL encryption software, and that it’s tried out before players make any financial transactions. The Secure Sockets Layer technology is a type of online encryption that makes any information disclosed by a player secure. Many of NZ’s top rated online casino software have encryption. You will know casino sites hold this technology if a small green block appears before the URL in the search bar.
Welcome bonus and Promotions
There are huge sign up bonuses that are available at the best online casinos NZ featured on our site. These include free spins, no deposit bonuses and so much more.
Online Casino Apps
Top casino sites in New Zealand must have an amazing mobile casino experience for their players that permit them to place their bets safely from wherever they are.
All the New Zealand online casino sites we feature give Kiwi players the chance to withdraw their winnings in the New Zealand dollar and also have the money deposited into their accounts within days.
Online Casino Gambling in New Zealand
Online Casinos No Deposit Bonus
The online casino we feature offer exclusive casino bonuses to new players and these are refereed to as welcome bonuses or sign up bonuses. Casino bonuses are a way that NZ online casinos use to appreciate new New Zealand players for signing up at their casino.
For example, Leo Vegas Casino will match a player’s first deposit by 100%. This means that the player will receive NZD$1000 free to play! However, we advise New Zealand gamblers to always go through the terms and the conditions of any casino before they commit to it.
Online Casino Free Spins
Free Spins are another type of online casino bonuses that New Zealand online casinos offer to its players. The online casino free spins bonus is offered by most exclusive casinos in the industry. Gambler’s don’t really need to make any deposits before they can start using the free spins to play. To add the cherry on top, if Lady Luck is on your side, you may also get additional free spins again on top of the first ones; afer activationg your account.
Online Casinos that Accept Paysafe
Upon making deposits and withdrawals,we feature the best online casinos that accept paysafe,making it easier for players to control their bankroll.
Top Online Casinos that take Paypal
With most things being done digitally in the morden world because of technological advancements, Paypal has also grown to be one of the most easiest and trusted fincial service globally, especially in New Zealand. If you register at the best online casinos 2020, you will certainly have a hassle-free banking experience when you use Paypal.
Top NZ casinos also have ongoing promotions. This is another way the casinos use to appreciate loyal players through online casino free spins, latest no deposit bonus codes and much more. So be careful to register at the top onlinecasino with the best welcome bonus and promotions.
Online Casino Games
To get the most out of your money, we recommend you to try any of the best casino games below available for real money. You may never know, Lady Luck might be on your side.
- Online Pokies: Also known as online slots, pokies are the most chosen games at any gambling casino– both in land-based and at internet casinos. As such, there are thousands of different titles such as the all-time favourite three reel and five reel pokies.
- Baccarat: This is one of the most exciting card games available in New Zealand. The goal of the game is for Kiwis to get a hand total of nine, with just two cards. This is also referred to as ‘baccarat’.
- Blackjack: Blackjack is a simple and easy to understand table game. In this game, the main objective is to get as close to 21 as possible, without having to go beyond.
- Roulette: This stands to be one of the oldest casino games available. The game features a roulette wheel that is made up of pockets, a table of bets and a small ball. New Zealand casino players will have to bet on the possible outcome of the game for them to win their bet back.
- Craps: Craps is one of the classic table games loved by many players in New Zealand. The game is played using two dice and the motive is to land a particular while wagering on the outcome.
- Bingo Online : This is one of the easiest casino games to play, yet so entertaining. All a player has to do is to dab numbers they have on their card as they get called out. The first one with the card that spells ‘BINGO’ wins.
- Online Keno: Similar to online bingo, with Keno, players have to draw their numbers from a plastic ball and then tick them off on a particular card.
Top 10 Online Casinos 2020
At Kiwi Casinos, our expert team of gamblers has compiled a NZ online casinos list of the top 10 online casinos 2020. From this list, this month Mychance casino is the top paying online casino NZ! The list is as follows:
- Mychance Casino
- Jokaroom Casino
- Gaming Club Casino
- Spin Palace Casino
- River Belle Casino
- Royal Vegas Casino
- Mummys Gold casino
- Leo Vegas Casino
- All Slots Casino
- JackpotCity Casino
NZ Mobile Casino
Mobile casinos are a great invention in the online casino gambling industry. Now, not only can internet casino NZ players gamble from home, but they can now also play from wherever they please, while on the go. Mobile casinos are accessible at sites such as Leo Vegas Casino, River Belle, Jokaroom Casino and much more.
If one has a good and stable internet connection, they can enjoy their desired casino games on their iOS and Android mobile devices. Many developers have taken the hint from the technological advancemnts as they now produce more casino games that are compatible with both mobile screens and desktops at the same time.
Best Payout Online Casinos NZ
The best payout casinos are what we keep an out for when it comes to withdrawal or payout time. We will not refer you to our best payout casinos with unreasonably long withdrawal time periods. Let alone the wagering percentage; we do consider that. There is nothing more frustrating as players striking it big, then being forced to wait for months to see a penny of their winnings.
Which website should you play at? Not to worry, our reviewers’ team made up of seasoned casino players who have extensive experience in both, land-based and online casinos.
We are here to guide Kiwi gamblers into the exciting world of the best audited NZ casino sites. Our devoted team has carried out an audit of all the best NZ casinos featured on our site. Therefore all information is delivered to you in an unbiased, objective manner. Players must be assured that we have nothing but their best interests at heart. If a player has a great internet connection, they are guaranteed of nothing but fun and exciting games.
Blacklisted Online Casinos in New Zealand
Blacklisted casinos are just like what they say about trees; every tree has its bad fruits. If we list blacklisted casinos that we do not recommend, and this means that the casinos would have failed Kiwi Casino stringent casino vetting process. The casino vetting process has the player’s interests at heart, aiming to protect them from unscrupulous and illegitimate online gambling sites.
There are several reasons as to why we would list a casino as a blacklisted casino, and some of these reasons are:
- Unfair practices.
- Slow payouts or no payouts at all.
- Poor customer care and support system.
Online Casinos New Zealand – FAQs
Is Online Gambling Legal in New Zealand?
The legitimacy of online casinos for New Zealand players is still in a shaky state. The NZ government does not give out any online casino licenses. However, this does not restrict players in New Zealand to play their favourite casino games at any International websites
Is the software downloadable?
Unfortunately not. If Kiwis wish to gamble in offline mode, they should consider playing at Download Casinos.
Do they accept New Zealand Dollars?
Yes, most casinos online permit Kiwi players to make their financial transactions in the NZD$ currency.
How can I get my winnings from an online casino?
There are various online banking options available. From Credit cards to PayPal. You just have to choose the one that suits you best.
Can I play on my phone and still win real money?
Yes. Our recommended casinos that we feature permit gamblers to play their favourite casino games and still stand a chance to win real money. They are compatible with Windows, Android, and Apple devices.
How do I create an online casino account?
Creating a casino account is simple and straightforward. You must be 18 years of age and above. All you have to do is to fill out the registration form with your details and you’ll be good to go.
How can I tell if a casino is safe?
Before committing to a casino, first check if the casino is regulated by a gambling board and if they are legally licensed. Examples of these boards include Malta Gaming Authority and eCOGRA.
Do they charge tax on casino winnings in NZ?
Fortunately, not if you consider gambling as a hobby. They can only charge tax on your winning once you become a professional gambler.
What’s real money mode & free play mode?
A real money casino permits New Zealand players to gamble for real money whereas a free play casino is an online casino where Kiwi players can test their skills and won’t have to place wagers using real money.
Which casino games can play to win real money?
We cannot guarantee you any winnings but we do advise you to play games that increase your odds of winning. The games must have low house edges and high payout percentages such as blackjack. This will increase your odds of winning.
The Best Casinos in New Zealand (Land-Based)
NZ residents have the luxury of enjoying some excellent high-end land-based casinos. So, are you looking for the traditional brick and motor casino near you? Not to worry! Visit our land-based casinos’ page. There, you will learn more about the best casinos near you!
Kiwis can go find their pleasure and thrill of a local casino at the amazing casinos below:
- SkyCity Hamilton: 364 Victoria Street, Hamilton 3204, New Zealand. Tell – +64 7 834 4900
- Dunedin Casino: 118 High Street Dunedin, Otago 9016, New Zealand. Tell – 0800 477 4545
- SkyCity Auckland: Victoria and Federal Street, Auckland, New Zealand. Tell- 0800 759 2489
- Christchurch Casino: 30 Victoria Street, Churchchrist, New Zealand. Tell – +64 3 365 9999
- SkyCity Queenstown: 1624 Beach Street, Queenstown, New Zealand. Tell: +64 03 441 0400
- Lasseters Wharf Casino: 88 Beach Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand. Tell – +64 3 441 1495
The land-based casinos are just as fantastic as the good online casinos New Zealand that we feature on our website. So rest assured Kiwis, you will not be disappointed!
Online casino gambling in New Zealand has seen quite a lot of changes in the past years. These changes are recorded to have started coming into effect since the 1980s. One of the first gambling changes introduced was Lotto, in 1987. Before the introduction of Lotto , players were permitted to but the Golden Kiwi tickets from gaming venues or visit the TAB. The introduction of Lotto resulted in a steady increase in revenue, with approximately $248.5 million in sales in 1987, which then doubled to about $638.7 million by 1998.
New Zealand players were spending more than $1 billion on casino gambling, with a turnover of about NZD$6.1 billion reported. Gambling grew to be much popular as the years went by and the technological advancements have also made gaming easier as compared to how it was before. For instance, in 2015, New Zealand online casino gamblers spent about NZ$2 091 billion on their favorite casino games, and the gaming industry seems to be getting better and better.
Online Gambling Laws
Online Gambling laws are a group of regulations put in place to either allow or outlaw various wagering practices. Online gaming laws have been a hot topic amongst Kiwis long before 2018. The team at Kiwi Casinos has therefore broken down the laws of igambing websites in New Zealand in an easy-to-read guide for all New Zealand gamblers. Read on below to discover all you need to know about online casino gambling in New Zealand. First and foremost, it is important for all readers to understand that there are some regulatory bodies within the gambling community. While a majority of gambling practices are controlled by the Department of Internal Affairs; there are a few other institutions in place to help regulate the passing time of gambling. Read on below for a breakdown on each:
The Department of Internal Affairs
The New Zealand Department of Internal Affairs regulates gambling in a various number of ways. The regular audit, investigate as well as regulate both casino-based and non-casino based gambling. The Department of Internal Affairs is also responsible for issuing certificates of approval for casino employees as well as non-casino gaming licenses. Another benefit provided by The Department of Internal Affairs is the fact that they also supply the public with educational information about the gambling world.
The Gambling Commission of New Zealand
The Gambling Commission of New Zealand is a major player as far as casino safety and fairness goes. This body both issues and renews operator licenses to several applicants. More so, they mediate agreements or amendments of existing agreements between casino venue license holders and the casino operators. Lastly, oversees the operations of the Department of Internal Affairs.
The New Zealand Ministry of Health
While not being one of the regulating bodies of gambling within New Zealand, the Ministry of Health still plays a vital role in the wagering world. This department both funds as well as organizing services for people with gambling problems. While most Kiwis see gaming as a fun frivolous pass time, a few people are suffering from gambling addictions. If you or a loved one is facing such a problem, know that the Ministry of Health has some incredible programs in place to help you overcome this struggle.
Is Gambling Online Legal in New Zealand?
In short, yes, online gambling is legal in New Zealand. However, there is one rule a person needs to follow for this to be true. This rule could not be simpler to adhere to and is highlighted by the Gambling Act of 2003. The Act states that by no means is it viewed as illegal for a New Zealand resident to gamble in a internet casino, so long as that casino is internationally based. This means the ones not native to New Zealand. Therefore, players that bet on the web have the freedom to wager where they please so long as the casino is not based on our homeland. We have provided a beginner’s guide for our Kiwis, this will help all novice players to be pros in no time!
Online Gambling New Zealand Statistics
The NZ gambling history has been somewhat slower than other countries with regards to the development of gambling. While racing began relatively early, the arrival of other gambling practices took a little longer to grace our sunny Kiwi shores. Take a look at how gambling developed both on and offline within New Zealand:
- 1853: Racing began in New Zealand, and with it, sports betting was born.
- 1908: the Gambling Act of 1908 was passed stating that the only legally accepted form of gambling was sports betting at race tracks.
- 1933: the first New Zealand lottery was introduced.
- 1951: TAB (Totalisator Agency Board) was introduced to New Zealand. Became country’s only wagering operator.
- 1961: the larger lottery game, Golden Kiwi Lottery, was started.
- 1987: The New Zealand Lotteries Commission was started in this year, bringing with it the Lotto.
- 1991: ’91 marks the year of the arrival of the first pokie machine within New Zealand.
- 1994: Christchurch Casino is the first land-based casino to be opened in New Zealand.
- 2003: the Gambling Act of 2003 allows New Zealand residents to wager at international sites.
- 2008: various lottery games are introduced to the public including; Power Ball, Big Wednesday.
Online Gambling Addiction
You may be having an online gambling addiction, or perhaps you have grown to be addicted to the activity. And it may seem like a deep and dark bottomless pit. At Kiwi Casinos are saying hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel. However, it may be you, your friend or your family member that is affected by this. So, we advise that you seek help for them or yourself while you still can.
Below are some of the organisations that are there to help you or your loved one. Feel free to give them a call, they are all just a call away.
- Choice, not Change – Provides free and confidential support via a call or text. Also, they can also make necessary arrangements for you to meet with a counsellor close to your area. Call 0800 654 655 if you need help or support.
- Problem Gambling Foundation of New Zealand – Offers free professional support, treatment and advice. It’s offered to all who are facing difficulties in escaping the addiction of gambling. Counselling is available throughout New Zealand at no cost. For any form of assistance, call 0800 6642 62 or email them at email@example.com.
Online Gambling FAQs
It is only natural for people to question things, and the subject of the legalities of biggest online casinos nz certainly sends minds wandering at the best of times. As such, the team at Kiwi Casinos has compiled a list of the top frequently asked questions posed by readers on the topic of online gambling laws.
How do taxes work in online gambling?
Luckily, taxes aren’t applicable to most New Zealand high rollers, so long as they are not considered to be professional gamblers. This means that as long as you treat online gambling as a pass time and nothing more, you will be free from facing taxes. If you are concerned about whether or not you fall into the professional gamblers bracket, you can get legal advice stipulating if this is an area to be concerned over.
Can I gamble on the web?
As previously stated, yes, you most certainly are allowed to. As a New Zealand resident, you may play at any internationally based online casino. In short, avoid any local online casino, be it based in Auckland or Christchurch – these are prohibited for New Zealand residents.
Are all gambling casinos legal?
While the majority of casinos available on the web are considered above board, there are a few you should steer clear of. These casinos may withhold your winnings and other such things. To ensure the casino is reputable, ensure it is audited on a regular basis. All of the online casinos featured on Kiwi Casinos are licensed and legal, so rest assured that you will be looked after by all gambling dens featured on our site.
Can I play in the New Zealand Dollar?
There are a few casinos available on the web which accept the New Zealand Dollar. As a Kiwi player, you will then be able to play in our native currency, saving you the cost of conversions.
What is a gambling class?
A gambling class is known as categories of online casino gambling separate the various types of gambling available within New Zealand. There are four different categories and one additional bracket. These are called private gambling which falls under no specified class. In short, the categories of gambling can be defined as follows:
- Class one gambling: no commission is awarded to the person/s responsible for directing the betting. Any prize or potential winnings do not surpass the amount of NZ$500.
- Second Cass gambling: no commission is awarded to the person/s responsible for directing the betting. Any prize does not exceed the amount of NZ$5000. Any possible wagering turnover does not surpass the amount of NZ$25 000.
- Third Class gambling: prizes offered within the activity exceed the amount of NZ$5000.
- Fourth Class gaming: any betting activity which uses a gambling machine separate from a casino – i.e. pokie machines found in pubs or clubs.
- Private gambling: wagering events or evenings taking place at a private residence.
Fun Facts about NZ Online Gambling Laws
Here are a few fascinating facts about online gambling NZ:
- Online poker rooms follow the same laws as online casinos do for New Zealand residents. If it isn’t a New Zealand based site, you can freely make use of it.
- Sports betting is legal in New Zealand so long as your wagers are placed through the New Zealand Racing Board. The board is powered by the Totalisator Agency Board. Furthermore, Kiwi players can also make use of any international sports Booker should they so wish.
- You can play with little liability. Possibly the best part of online gambling games is that thanks to the Gambling Act of 2003, you can freely play at any online casino based outside of New Zealand without facing any repercussions in the eyes of the law.
- You will seldom be taxed as a gambler. As we have previously discussed, your winnings will not be taxed unless you are viewed as being a professional gambler.
Thanks to the Gambling Act of 2003, you now may play at any international casino site as a Kiwi player. Their gambling laws will always be tried and tested so long as they stand. Be sure to keep your eyes on Kiwi Casinos – should there be any further developments. We will keep you in the loop, and feel free to learn about the best gambling experience in New Zealand here.
Box 85, Avant Offices, Wellington, New Zealand