Online Sic Bo New Zealand
Online Sic Bo, which means dice pair, is one of the oldest online gaming games in history and has managed to retain its popularity status until this day. Kiwi players all over New Zealand love the thrill and excitement that comes with online Sic Bo. Also known as Tai Sai (Big Small), Dai Sui (Hi-Lo) and Grand Hazard, online Sic Bo is a simple betting game featuring three dice. Read on to find out more about this unique game in our guide to online Sic Bo.
What You’ll Find in this Guide
- The Evolution of Online Sic-bo
- Playing Sic Bo Online
- Online Sic Bo bets
- Tips and Strategies for Kiwi Players
- Online Sic Bo Glossary
The Evolution of Online Sic-bo
Sic Bo originated in Ancient China and was originally played by construction workers who would write numbers on a pair of bricks; toss them in the air and place bets on which number it would land on. Over time the game was modified and replaced with dice. Players would place their bets on the outcome of the dice roll, the dice would then be placed on a plate and covered with a bowl and shaken to reveal the outcome and the winner.
Playing Sic Bo Online
Many Kiwi players believe that online Sic Bo is a difficult game, and although the Sic Bo table and its numerous bets may seem intimidating it is a simple game that relies on nerve and luck. Sic Bo is played with three dice and a large table on which betting areas are marked. Players begin by choosing and placing their bets on the betting table. Players can place as many bets as they like. Once all the bets have been placed, the RNG, which acts as the dice, then generates the outcome and the winning bets are paid out.
Online Sic Bo bets
Most of the confusion surrounding online Sic Bo stems from the Sic Bo table, so let’s take some time to break down and look at the different bets. Each area of the online Sic Bo betting table is marked with a different bet which offers different payout amounts. However, these bets are limited to the maximum and minimum betting amount that is set by the casino. Once you understand each bet you can make more informed decisions and become an online poker pro in no time.
Standard bets in online sic bo
- Big bets-This is a basic bet that is perfect for beginners. Placing a Big bet suggests that the total of the dice will be between 11 and 17. This bet usually pays out 1/1.
- Small bets-This is also a basic bet in which the player bets that the total outcome of the roll will be between 4 and 10. This bet also pays out 1/1.
- Single Numbers-Betting that one specific number will appear on the one of the dice. For example betting that the number 3 will show up on one of the three dice.
- Double Numbers-Betting that one specific number will appear on any two of the three dice. For example betting that the number three will show up on any two of the three dice. (Also known as Two of a Kind and Double.
- Triple Numbers-Betting that one specific number will appear on all three dice. (Also known as Three of a Kind and Triple.)
- Any triple-Betting that any three of the same number between 1 and 6 will appear on all three dice. (Also known as any three of a kind.)
- Sum-Betting that the sum total of the three dice will be a specific number between 4 and 17.
- Duo-betting that two different numbers will appear on any two of the three dice.
Tips and Strategies for Kiwi Players
- Bet on as many different combinations as you can. This will give you a better chance of winning than betting on just one outcome.
- Set a bankroll limit and stick to it as it is easy to spend more than you intended in the excitement of the game.
- Understand each type of bet and the odds and payout of each.
- When you first start playing the game it is always a good idea to go for safer bets such as Small or big bet just to get used to the game and how it works. Also, try playing in free mode as it is a great way to practice before playing for real money.
Online Sic Bo is a thrilling dice game that is guaranteed to keep all Kiwi players entertained. Why not try this classic game today; the odds may just be in your favour.
Online Sic Bo Glossary
A bet that the same number will appear on three dice
The maximum and minimum amounts that can be wagered
A bet that the sum of the dice will be between 11 and 17
A variation of Sic Bo most commonly played in America, also known as Chuck-a-Luck
The container that is used to shake the dice before it is rolled, also known as a shaker or cup
Tokens that are used to represent specific amounts of money at a casino
A bet that one number will appear on two of the three dice
A bet that two different numbers will appear on two of the three dice
A British variation of Sic Bo
Refers to the markings of the different betting areas on the table
Allows you to repeat the previous bet
A bet that one specific number will appear on one of the three dice
A bet that the sum of the dice will be between 4 and 10
A bet that the sum of the dice will be a specific number between 4 and 17
A bet that a specific number will appear all three dice
Yee Hah Hi
A variation of Sic Bo that is played in Macau in which the numbers on the dice are replaced by symbols
Frequently asked questions about online Sic Bo in New Zealand
[su_spoiler title=”What is the best bet to make for beginners?” style=”fancy”]
The online Sic Bo table can be a bit intimidating at first which is why most beginners start off by playing the Small or Big bet. You win on the Small bet if the sum of the dice is between 4 and 10 and if the total of the dice is between 11 and 17 you win on the Big bet.
[su_spoiler title=”What is the highest paying bet in online Sic Bo?” style=”fancy”]
The highest paying bet is the Triple Numbers bet which wins if the one number chosen by the player lands on all three on the dice. Although, this is the highest paying bet it is also the riskiest as it is a rare bet.
[su_spoiler title=”Will I be able to play online Sic Bo for free?” style=”fancy”]
Most online casinos do allow Kiwi players to play online Sic Bo for free. It is always a good idea to practice a new game before playing for real money as it allows you to understand how the game works, which will help you make more informed decisions.
[su_spoiler title=”Can strategy be used in online Sic Bo?” style=”fancy”]
There are some players that believe that you can use mathematics to predict outcomes, however, online Sic Bo is a game about taking risks that relies on pure luck more than anything else.
[su_spoiler title=”Are my winnings on online Sic Bo taxable?” style=”fancy”]
Online gambling is seen as a recreational activity so your winnings will only be taxed if it is your sole income. You can always contact the online casino’s customer centre or a tax professional for more information.