Poker Tournament Strategy New Zealand
If you’re an avid fan of online poker tournaments, then chances are you have tried to find the best poker tournament strategy before. While challenging, these events are fun and give players a chance to win some absolutely massive cash prizes. It is for these reasons that such tournaments are also so popular with players around the world, including New Zealanders. Remember that the smaller the buy-in and the bigger the prize, the higher the chance that you’re playing against hundreds of other hopefuls.
If you are looking to give yourself an edge in upcoming poker tournaments, you have come to the right place. Below we have a look at all the best strategies you can use to better your chances while playing online. We won’t claim that any of them will ensure you a win, but they certainly will better your chances. So, read on and get ready to improve your poker game!
Top Poker Casino Sites 2019
Looking to participant in a poker tournament online? Well, have a look at the casinos listed below. These sites often host loads of different events surrounding popular casino games, including poker.
Best Poker Tournament Strategy for NZ Players
Our experts have tried several different strategies and tips at poker tournaments and those listed below have proven to be rather helpful in creating a winning poker strategy.
- Suss Out the Opposition – although this is more applicable to offline tournaments, try to identify weaker players and sit at their tables. This is a good way to win at least some money. We do suggest that you be very careful of calling raises on hand that feature cards A-J in early stages. This is due to the fact that bad players tend to be a bit erratic in the way that they play and may go all-in on a weak hand in an attempt to bluff their opposition.
- Avoid Placing Big Money on Speculative Hands Early – it may not be advisable to place big bets on speculative hands from the get-go. While a hand that starts with A-K may seem promising, there is still a chance that it good go wrong and the final score of your hand is simply a high card. Don’t start taking risks on such hands until during later stages of the tournament.
- Raise Raisers – while online poker has been known to be rather aggressive, one good way to call another player’s buff is to raise on their raise. This is especially true if you are still in the bubble and there are other players raising a load of different hands.
- Use the Opposite Playstyle to What is Being Used at the Table – while you may only be able to implement this strategy after a few rounds of play, it could prove to be rather useful. If you notice that the other players at your table are playing loosely or tightly, do a 180 and make use of the opposite playstyle.
Poker Tournament Tips and Tricks Conclusion
While these tips and strategies should help you make better decisions at the next poker tournament you play in, it should always be kept in mind that practising good bankroll management is a sound part of a good poker strategy. At the very least, keeping track of your funds should help you make better bets and participate in the tournament longer.
If you are looking for more advice on anything poker-related, be sure to have a look at all of our poker content featured here on KiwiCasinos.nz.
Check out our other poker guides:
- Caribbean Stud Poker
- Deuces and Joker Power Poker
- Deuces Joker Power Poker
- Deuces Wild Poker
- Live Dealer Poker