We always imagine what we would do if we won the lottery. Some New Zealanders say that they would go on holiday, buy a yacht or give some to charity. It’s now time to make your dreams a reality. Here’s everything you need to know about online lotto at the top casino online in New Zealand.
What You’ll Find in this Guide
- Best Online Lotto Casino Sites
- History of online lotteries
- How Lotto works?
- How to play Lotto Online
- Lottery rules for New Zealand players
- Online lottery – Tips & Tricks
- NZ Online Lotto FAQs
Best Online Lotto Casino Sites
History of online lotteries
The first recorded lottery occurred between 205 and 187 BC in the Chinese Han Dynasty. These lotteries were believed to finance government projects such as the Great Wall of China. Lotteries can also be traced back to the Roman Empire where it was treated as a fun game during parties. However, during the reign of Augustus Caesar, the money was used for repairs in the city. In the 15th century in Belgium, France, and the Netherlands lotteries were used to raise money for the town and by the 18th century had spread worldwide. Lotteries became a standard feature in New Zealand around 1985, as they were seen as an extra source of income by the government.
Important New Zealand online lotto dates
- June 1987-The New Zealand Lotteries Commission, which is now known as “Lotto New Zealand,” is established.
- July 1987-The first lotto tickets go on sale.
- August 1987-The first lotto draw takes place, with a prize of $359,808.
- April 1993-Strike is introduced as a separate lotto game.
- October 1994-Keno is introduced as a separate lotto game.
- February 2001-Powerball is introduced as a new lotto feature.
- August 2006-New Zealand celebrates its 1000th lotto draw.
- August 2007-Celebration of lotto’s 20th birthday with $5.5 million in extra prizes to be won.
- May 2008-The first online lotto channel ‘MyLotto’ is launched which allows players to buy lottery tickets online.
- October2010-$28.7 million is won by one player from Papakura.
- May 2013-The big Wednesday live draw airs on TV.
- October 2015-Lotto and other games become a regular feature in New Zealand.
How Lotto works?
Online lotteries give players all over New Zealand the chance to win big, simply by picking a few numbers. These online lotteries operate in a similar manner to online casinos as they also have many banking options, are available on multiple devices and have a contact centre for any concerns or queries. The process is very simple, choose an online lottery site, sign up and take a chance. Many online lottery websites provide players with the option to pick their own numbers or buy a dip, in which the numbers are chosen for them.
Online lotto options
Players can also choose to play on their own, join a syndicate or buy a bundle. Players can increase their chances of winning by joining a syndicate in which the cost of the lotto tickets, along with any winnings, is shared among the members of the syndicate. The bundle option allows you to play as an individual player and join a syndicate. Many online lotto websites also offer other online games with a similar concept to lotto itself, all you have to do is sign up on the website and you will have access to all the online lottery games including Powerball, Lotto, and Strike. Online lotteries even have different promotions for special New Zealand holidays which increase your chances of winning.
How to play Lotto Online
Playing on Online lotteries gives you the option to play for the main Lotto as well as the Powerball. Although these concepts are similar, there are a few differences. Lotto requires you to choose any six numbers and one bonus number from a possible 40, while Powerball requires you to choose one number from a possible 10. The amount of money you win depends on the number of matches made. If you match three lotto numbers and the bonus ball in the same line, you win, if you match all six Lotto balls you win Lotto, and if you match the Powerball too you win the big prize.
Lottery rules for New Zealand players
- You must choose six numbers per a minimum of 4 lines.
- Winnings must be claimed within 12 months of the draw date indicated on the ticket.
- You can play the same numbers for more than one draw.
- Players must be over 18 to play online
Online lottery – Tips & Tricks
- Do not spend the money right away; this will prevent you from spending it on unnecessary purchases.
- Waiting to spend the money also gives you a chance to really think about what to do with it, so you don’t end up spending it on an impulse.
- Make sure that the lottery site is safe and secure.
- Make sure that you read the online lottery’s terms and conditions so you understand all the details involved.